Red Zone Discussion Forum

Capstone project

Capstone project

by Pam Micko -
Number of replies: 0

Not sure if I am on the right track.

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:

Upon completion of this assignment, the student should be able to:

a)   The student will be able to identify and describe the basic parts of the urinary system

b)   The student will be able to explain in l the functions of the urinary system

c)   The student will be able to verbalize the common disorders of urinary systems and the effects they have to the patient.

d)   The student will have the knowledge and be able to identify the signs and symptoms associated with urinary disorders/disease

e)   The student will be able to explain diagnosis test and procedures as related to urinary disease and disorders.

f)    The student will have knowledge of current treatments and tests used for urinary disorders

g)   The student will be able to correctly label   diagrams of the urinary system

h)      

1. To provide feedback and verify assignment instructions I am using an online rubric. I will be posting this assignment on Edmodo. Your rubric ID # is: 2421850

A rubric is used to assist students in drawing and labeling assigned parts of the urinary system.

http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=Home&module=User&ry system.

1. I will you use technology to define and Recognize Effort for students with regards to this objective? Providing Recognition in another format or using a site such as Class Badges, describe it here.
    1. How will students collaborate and use Cooperative Learning while working to master the objective of your lesson? Provide a link to the tool you feel will help students collaborate in your lesson using technology and explain how you will use it. Students will be working in small groups of 2-4 people. The assignment is to draw on poster board and describe various parts of the urinary system including anatomy, physiology, function, 1-2 disease or disorder related to that part of the system. Diagnostic testing used to determine if patient has the disease or disorder. And treatment. They are then to present or teach it to the rest of the class. I will include various Youtube videos for them to watch to help them better understand the  part of system they will be presenting. This will also be posted on edmodo along with assignment.

In addition, please read and offer feedback to at least three of your colleagues. Keep your feedback positive and helpful by beginning with a positive comment. Include feedback on the objective for the lesson. Is it too specific, too general, or just specific enough?  Sentence tags such as, "Have you considered..." or "You might want to try..." will help the reader focus on the ideas you have for developing the Capstone Project lesson plan.