Red Zone Discussion Forum

Red Zone Capstone Discussion

Red Zone Capstone Discussion

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -
Number of replies: 5

LEARNING OBJECTIVES

The learner will identify community resources and present with multimedia.  

PROVIDING FEEDBACK

Oral and Written feedback, Rubric

Certificates of Recognition also give them feedback!

PROVIDING RECOGNITION

Use various certificates from Certificate Street each week, to make it fun!  Adult and Alt Ed students say these are silly, but I think they really like them!

Students will be working in teams of 2-4 to create and present the Community Resource.

In reply to Amber Schlappi-Bloss

Re: Red Zone Capstone Discussion

by Amy Klopf -

I agree that even older students would like the recognition for their effort. Using a project-based assignment allows gives value and connection to real-world. I wonder if you thought about how students can keep track of their certificates outside of Certificate Street? This might keep students on focus when they start to struggle.

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

I did not think of how they could keep track of the certificates.  Maybe I should have a place in the classroom to hang them up instead of having them take them home.  But again, I know they like to show off their progress to those at home.  I will have to think about that, thanks for the insight, I appreciate it!

In reply to Amber Schlappi-Bloss

by Kyle Carter -

I also work in an Alternative Ed. setting, and I really like the idea of giving out awards like these.

I think some would call it "silly," but I know that many of my students would actually put some value to something like this.