Red Zone Discussion Forum

Capstone Project: Red Zone

Capstone Project: Red Zone

by Amy Klopf -
Number of replies: 5

LEARNING OBJECTIVES

Writers will create and publish a real or imaginary narrative text based on the steps of writing an adventure story.

PROVIDING FEEDBACK (How will you inform students about their progress toward the objective?)

periodical checks in Writer’s notebooks, conferencing after each step of Action-Adventure lessons, conferencing after editing in writing process (Google Doc sharing), rubrics (Rubistar), ClassDojo

PROVIDING RECOGNITION (How will you recognize students who have met the objective?)

feedback on handbacks, ClassDojo

COOPERATIVE LEARNING (How will students collaborate/support each other during the lesson?)

peer review (revising, editing), multi-media presentations

In reply to Amy Klopf

Re: Capstone Project: Red Zone

by Courtney Daunt -

Amy,

I like how you incorporated google docs to do editing. Could they also do peer review and editing here?  I think a multi-media presentation would be great to present to the class.  What form were you thinking of having them do?

In reply to Courtney Daunt

by Amy Klopf -

Within the Google Docs students could use peer editing and review to enhance their understanding. As for the presentation I was thinking about Prezi, digital video, or online comic books.

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Annette Howe -

I really like the on-line comic book feature.  Since I deal with middle schoolers, there are several that can make the "connection" through comics.  However, I think it's important to also allow other types, like Prezi, for those students that inhale new information and like making new discoveries beyond the other students

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

I like how much technology you were able to fit into this lesson!  Have you used ClassDojo before?  I think the previous idea of using Google Docs to do peer review is a great idea too.  What was your idea on how to have them peer review, in person?

In reply to Amber Schlappi-Bloss

by Amy Klopf -

I have not used ClassDojo before, but will be starting it this week (if we can avoid snowdays). As for peer review in person, I usually have students write before they type and we have a "checklist". My thought would be that they would work with the paper and pencil writing first, type, and then use Google Docs for review from more than just their classmates, but other students within the building or with a online pen-pal at another school.