Data Review and Recommendations

Kyle Carter

Kyle Carter

by Kyle Carter -
Number of replies: 1

This is only my first year teaching in this district, but I have subbed here very regularly for several years.  During that time I have seen a marked increase in technology readiness.  There has been a steady increase in the quality of computer labs, and there are now  two sets of laptops which can be checked out and used in classrooms.  Two sets may not sound like a lot… but it is a very small school.  Our technology admin has even told me that next year all the computers in the building will be running Windows 7.

While some of the above is said “tongue-in-cheek,” the fact is I believe the school is doing reasonably well for being very small.

Recently, the administration has also been stressing the importance of using Data Director to track achievement and student growth.  I foresee additional training with the program in the near future.

In reply to Kyle Carter

Re: Kyle Carter

by Amy Klopf -

Many districts are on the right path for being technically ready for online assessments. It is how the data is collected and used to drive instruction that is important. Also having students be comfortable with taking assessments online (having the basic typing skills) will also be helpful as we move to online testing.