Data Review and Recommendations

Courtney

Courtney

by Courtney Daunt -
Number of replies: 3

In my district, we are well ahead with technology, but since I am currently in a new program that the ISD just started, we are a little behind when it comes to everything.  Technology included.  The only thing that I think saves us, is the fact that I am currently in a preschool program, where we do not do the same kinds of assessments for our students.  In my previous district, where I taught middle school, I would say we are still behind. 

I think it's important for the school improvement team to be informed on any and all findings and information that would help them to be successful in future online assessments.  This would include the research and information that is available to inform them on what makes for successful online assessments, informing teachers the protocols and guidelines for developing adequate assessments, etc.

In reply to Courtney Daunt

Re: Courtney

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

I agree the school improvement team should be well informed on all topics regarding the new assessments.

Hopefully being in a new program, when they do start purchasing all of the new equipment for the program, it will include great up to date technology you can use with the little one!

by Kyle Carter -

I have heard of some pilot programs out there that involve online standardized assessments at the Kindergarten level.  I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the same comes to preschool.

by Amy Klopf -

I agree that teachers should be well informed of the protocols and guidelines needed to develop adequate assessments. Students should be well aquainted with online assessments before taking the state assessments.