Conversations about the Capstone Activity: Administering an Online Assessment

Debbie Reid-online assessment

Debbie Reid-online assessment

by Debbie Reid -
Number of replies: 2
I created an on-line assessment on my IPAD using talkboard. I did a short 5 question math assessment. I did the assessment with 4 of my kindergartners to see if they could figure out basic addition math problems. The kids were okay with using the IPAD but did need a lot of guidance and support. On-line assessments are hard for my students to accomplish. We need to have more practice with this skill.
In reply to Debbie Reid

Re: Debbie Reid-online assessment

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

I am surprised the students were not more familiar with answering questions on a touch screen.  I woudl have thought most kindergarteners would have been exposed to this already at home with smartphones and enjoyed time to 'test' on a touch screen device.  I have never used Talkboard, what is that exactly?

In reply to Debbie Reid

Re: Debbie Reid-online assessment

by Courtney Daunt -

I'm not familiar with talkboard.  I am curious as to what that is though too.  I agree with Amber and am surprised that some of the students weren't familiar with the touchscreen.  Although, I could see how they would have a hard time with the commmands to move on etc, especially if they aren't readers yet.  That is a big drawback with the younger students.  Maybe pictures would work great for that purporse?