Blue Zone Discussion Forum

Blue Capstone

Blue Capstone

by Kyle Carter -
Number of replies: 4

While working through this section I wanted to keep things connected to the technology used in the previous sections.  I feel like using too much in one lesson would be overwhelming.

IDENTIFYINGSIMILIARITIES AND DIFFERENCES: Students will create a Venn Diagram describing the similarities and differences between the classical features of an empire and and what they know about the government of the United States.

GENERATING AND TESTING HYPOTHESES:  Based on previous knowledge, students will generate a theory for “Is The United States an Empire?”
Continuing in their groups, they will investigate the idea, and present their findings in the previously described Prezi.  They will organize their research using Google Docs.

In reply to Kyle Carter

Re: Blue Capstone

by Kay Hauck -

Kyle, you are right on track by keeping the technology activities connected and not adding more technology than necessary.  Too much tech can actually get in the way of the learning.

In reply to Kyle Carter

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

Will the students create the venn diagram on paper then for this assignment?  I also agree that too much tech in one lesson would be overwhelming.  I like how they add to their Prezi they already designed.

In reply to Kyle Carter

by Courtney Daunt -

Kyle,

I completeley agree with you on not wanting to use too much technology.  I feel overwhelmed with all the technology we are being introduced to. Therefore, why wouldn't we expect our students to be?! 

In reply to Kyle Carter

by Amy Klopf -

I agree with the idea of keeping it simple. Too much technology is overwhelming especially for students who haven't had much contact with technology.