Perception Survey

Courtney

Courtney

by Courtney Daunt -
Number of replies: 4

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QFzMmYCLVmAzC7Du_6MGP-UfN5SzeUChKTtXszVhfrI/viewform

I tried to get all my parents to answer this quick survey for me.  It was hard because I'm in a low income district, where some families do not have computers or internet at home.  Although, most have personal cell phones with data usage, many did not want to take the time to take the quiz from their phone.  I had a few parents take the quiz while they were dropping their children off, on my iPad. 

It was fairly easy to create, and I feel could provide valuable insight from parents, colleagues, students, etc.  The findings will not really affect my instruction as I'm teaching preschool.  I would love to incorporate more technology in my classroom, but I am limited to the availability at this time

In reply to Courtney Daunt

Re: Courtney

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

It sounds like the biggest problem is just getting parents to take the 2 minutes it would take to fill out your survey. I have the same problem too, I am not sure it is the low income aspect that is stopping some from doing it, I think they just plain feel like they "are too busy".

I agree Google Docs are easy to create and could make it easy to collect responses to help guide technological use in the class room.

by Debbie Reid -
I agree the hardest part of the survey was getting parents to respond. I don't know if it is the low income aspect or the fact many parents are stretched thin and things fall through the cracks.

by Kyle Carter -

Many of my students also tell me that they do not have the internet at their house.  I like the idea of inviting parents to take the survey when you saw them in person.  That wouldn't work as well for me, in middle school, but I can see it working very well in an elementary setting.

by Amy Klopf -

Surveying parents on their technology haves and have nots is a good idea. Something to add to preparing my future fifth graders and parents before walking into my fifth grade classroom next year.