Blue Zone Discussion Forum

Similarities and Differences

Similarities and Differences

by Debbie Reid -
Number of replies: 4

My students will be comparing the job of the President of the United States and the job of our school principal.  We will work together to fill out a Venn Digram which will show how the jobs are similar and different.  I will be using our classroom visualizer for the students to be able to see how the jobs compare/contrast.

In reply to Debbie Reid

Re: Similarities and Differences

by Kay Hauck -

Debbie, were ther any new tools you learned about in this part of the module that might be incorporated into your lesson?  You might try looking at some of the online tools out there for identifying similarities and differences to bring more technology into this lesson

In reply to Debbie Reid

by Amy Klopf -

A possibility would be to consider My Teacher for President by Kay Winters. I know it isn't your principal but this is a wonderful story that run side by side with what a teacher does and a president. There are also many helpful sites and activities (Pinterest); teaching oasis http://www.teachingoasis.com/My%20Teacher%20for%20President.pdf

A google search would be very benefical.

In reply to Debbie Reid

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

PBS Learning Media has a fun President for a Day interactive.  It says Grades 3-8, but I really think a kindergartener would be able to understand some of these 'jobs' a president must do.  They could check that out together as a class and compare that to your principal.  Then, they could see the president gets a limo ride to go places too!

Just a fun idea to add more technology to your lesson

http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/adcf68b4-5235-4454-85e3-59169bb4bd80/adcf68b4-5235-4454-85e3-59169bb4bd80/

In reply to Debbie Reid

by Kyle Carter -

Now that your students have embraced the executive branch, perhaps they might look to the other two branches, and learn about the check/balance system?  This may even be a good time for a "System Analysis."