Orange Zone Discussion Forum

Capstone Project: Orange Zone

Capstone Project: Orange Zone

by Amy Klopf -
Number of replies: 7

CUES, QUESTIONS, AND ADVANCE ORGANIZERS (What technology resource will you create or use to help cue the learning for the students?)

Action-Adventure video clips illustrating each step

NONLINGUISTIC REPRESENTATION (What Nonlinguistic Representations can you use

story mountain, kinesthetic representation of 6 steps, 6 step posters

SUMMARIZING AND NOTE-TAKING (How will you have students take notes or summarize their learning?)

6 step templates, graphic organizers, teacher lead notes, story outlines, story mountains

ASSIGNING HOMEWORK AND PROVIDING PRACTICE (What technology resources can you use--e.g. posting on a class site, assigning a video as “homework” to review and reflect, creating a screencast, etc.)

posting on class homepage (include printable templates, organizers), post video clips for review

Teacher Use of Technology:

video, Exploratree, Popplet, bubbl.us, wise mapping, projector, pc or laptops, home website

Student Use of Technology:

pc or laptops, graphic organizing sites

In reply to Amy Klopf

Re: Capstone Project: Orange Zone

by Kay Hauck -

It looks like you've chosen some good tools for your lesson.  Can you remind us what to focus of your lesson is again?

In reply to Kay Hauck

by Annette Howe -

Thank you for asking the question of focus.  Presently, I am on leave from the classroom and I am excited to put this program in practice immediately upon my return.  As such, I am constructing my Capstone project so I may use it as a template that is "general" in form but will allow me to construct focused lessons with referrence to available technology.  I am constructing this project so I won't need to "re-create the wheel" in its entirety but pull in the tools that will be specifically helpful for a specific lesson or unit.  I teach 7/8 grade social studies.  World and US History.

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Courtney Daunt -

It looks like you are incorporating alot of useful tools.  I like how you are using the kinesthetic respresentation.  That will for sure help the students since it's using movement etc.

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Kyle Carter -

Great summary and organization of many of the useful websites this course has introduced.  

In reply to Amy Klopf

by Amber Schlappi-Bloss -

It sounds like you are allowing the students to choose the graphic organizer they use, I like your flexibility!